We created A Family of Faith to help develop strong Catholic families in which children learn the joys of following Jesus Christ and the truths of our Faith through the witness of Christian life given by their parents. Although individual families can easily use A Family of Faith independent of the parish, we designed this program to be used by parishes as an alternative to faith formation classes.
Studies tell us that parental involvement in the faith-life of their child is by far the most important element in ensuring that a child develops into a practicing Christian. A Family of Faith provides both the parish catechist and the parent with an easy-to-use, turnkey solution to catechizing the whole family and helping parents lead their children to Heaven.
A Family of Faith follows a four-year cycle: one pillar of the Catechism is covered per year from September through May. Parents are given a detailed picture of authentic and vibrant Catholic family life, the tools to implement this life in their home, and age-appropriate readings, games, crafts, and other activities to help them deepen among their children a love for Christ and His Church.
Each year is self-contained, and so families may join at any time in the cycle. After four years, families will have been guided through the entirety of the Catechism and will have developed a broad understanding of the Church’s teachings. Families then cycle through the program again in order to deepen their knowledge and develop the habits needed for life-long spiritual growth.
The Children’s Activity Book
The Children’s Activity Book is designed to help children come to know the Catholic Faith through fun games and activities. The Parent’s Guide offers talking points for how to use each activity in the children’s book as a teachable moment, leading the child to a deeper relationship with Christ.
Activities in the Children’s Activity Book include…
- Age-appropriate readings and activities
- Scripture memorization and copy work
- Prayer memorization
- Saints biographies
- Games and crafts
- Drawings and coloring pages
- Journal pages
- Prompts for original prayers and reflections
- Student Family of Faith materials
Year Three: Life in Christ
- September: The Role of Parents in Education
- October: Heaven: Our Final Destination
- November: Conscience: God’s Law in our Hearts
- December: Cardinal and Theological Virtues
- January: The First Great Commandment and the First Four Commandments
- February: The 5th-10th Commandments
- March: The New Commandment and the Works of Mercy
- April: The Beatitudes
- May: Journey to Heaven