When we are alone, isolated, afraid, and grieving the loss of a loved one, Jesus tells us plainly, “Behold, I am with you always!” It is His presence and constant companionship that brings us comfort, consolation, and hope through all the seasons of our lives.
I Am with You Always invites the ordinary Catholic to once again “behold Jesus.” In doing so, we will realize with joy and gratitude the wonderful connection between the ordinary teachings and practices of our Catholic faith and the strength we derive from them to weather the storms of life.
The authors gently invite their readers to respond to Christ’s perennial call to “come and see” and to verify for yourself that:
- God truly is Love and His mercy endures forever;
- Christ draws near in order to remain with us;
- we truly encounter Christ in the sacraments and in the liturgy;
- we live, even now, in the communion of His saints;
- Our Lady of Compassion constantly intercedes for us; and
- God hears our prayers and responds to our heartache and pain.
This book was written as an act of friendship, as one heart speaking to another about the reality of God’s love for us. It is an act of companionship, a drawing near to a beloved friend in their time of need. It is a gift that reminds a broken heart that there is always hope in Jesus Christ. For He alone is the victory over death that we seek for ourselves and for our loved ones.