The seven lessons included in this teacher’s guide provide you with dozens of teacher-written, classroom-tested activities that will prepare your students to receive an outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Each lesson includes full-color sacred art, background readings, student homework, games, role-plays, and assessment tools that will empower young people — like the Apostles — to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ and make disciples of all the nations.
The veteran schoolteachers who wrote the lessons included here know firsthand your needs in the classroom. That’s why these lessons can stand alone, are “substitute-proof,” and are designed in a flexible, modular format. Even the layflat binding makes it easy for you to photocopy handouts and activities.
Although these lessons are written with sixth- and fifth-grade classrooms in mind, all educators can use the lessons’ modular format to adapt them for use in parishes, classrooms, and homes with older or younger children. Lessons in this guide include:
- Using Sophia SketchPad to Teach about Confirmation
- Exploring the Sacrament of Confirmation with Sacred Art
- The Sacrament of Confirmation in Salvation History
- The Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation
- The Effects of the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Living the Sacrament of Confirmation
- The Fruits of the Spirit and Capital Sins
All pre-lesson activities, handouts, readings, and a complete answer key are included. You can begin using this resource in your classroom today!